Friday, July 03, 2009
So named because my upstairs neighbor came downstairs to ask me to turn down the music…at eight o’clock in the evening. I don’t actually despise the woman—she’s nice! Better yet, she’s moving a few units down. Good fences, you people!
- Yelle - A Cause des Garcons (Tepr)
- CSS - Move (remix)
- The Knife - Marble House (Rex the Dog)
- Simian Mobile Disco - Love (remix)
- Royksopp - Poor Leno
- Lykke Li - Little Bit (remix)
- Gold Chains & Sue Chi - Come to Cali
- Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler (remix)
- Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (remix)
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Setting up a site with ExpressionEngine and getting a design together has been smoother (and considerably more fun) than I suspected it might be. I’ll post about that once the site goes live. Meanwhile, you can see a design comp of the coming-along-nicely, soon-to-be-ready website here and a wireframe mockup here.
Taking some criticism into account (“What is this, a beach rave? What’s with the sea foam stuff?”), I’ve made some changes to what you see in the .jpg, but it’s all more-or-less the same. More on the design process later as well.
Things to do:
- Make sure I have styles for all my elements represented in my design (don’t forget hover states…).
- Slice graphics and mark up some static HTML to style with them.
- Plug in the back-end using the existing ExpressionEngine tags on the live site.
- Get going with some Google AdSense.
- Get some content up on this mother.
- Turn the mother out.
We’ll see how much of that I can get done on a Sunday afternoon. So far, ExpressionEngine isn’t really making things hard on me at all, so it’s looking good for a launch later this week!