Monday, August 17, 2009
After much procrastination, I finally sorted out some issues vis-a-vis various pieces of software and got a new mix recorded last night. It’s not what I had originally planned, and it gets off to a shaky start, but there are some pretty dope cuts on this and I think you’ll like it.
The track list I originally planned got trampled on by a couple of small dogs. True story. I was keeping the volume a little lower than usual out of courtesy to my neighbors (the hour, she was late), and our two terrier chihuahuas were feeling anxious. Every time they ran into or out of the room, the tags on their collars jingled, I lost be ability to hear the hi-hats and handclaps in the music, and the beat matching went right out the window.
After two false starts, I just scrapped my playlist and threw this together to give my frustration level a more appropriate soundtrack. Download the mixed set here, then go get the individual tracks you like below.
- Boys Noize - Jeffer (download)
- Alex Gopher - Handguns (Dada Life remix) (download)
- The Kills - Cheap and Cheerful (SebastiAn remix) (download)
- Bloc Party - Signs (Armand van Helden remix) (totally fucking ill-ass video mbNSFW)
- Empire of the Sun - We Are The People (The Golden Filter remix) (download)
- Simian Mobile Disco - 3 Pin Dip (download)
- The Sisters of Transistors - The Don (Acid Girls Grey Disco remix) (download)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll (Johnny Roxx remixx) (download)
- Das Racist - Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (download)